HIGA will be in Sequim, WA this weekend!
I will be heading out to Sequim this afternoon. The "Sequim Crew Showdown" strongman contest will be held tomorrow morning 8/14 at 10am sharp.
Yours truly will be the Head Referee and I will also be doing some demonstrations with some of the events. I still gotta make sure my training is on point since I am competing in Quebec in a few weeks!
Bulky Boy strongwoman Kristyn Vytlacil will also be competing, so I will be cheering her on along with two other training partners of mine: Zack Nims and Laurion Burchal.
If any of you live near the Sequim, Washington area, come on by to check us out! We will be lifting some seriously heavy stuff in Jesse Marunde's hometown. I'm sure big bro will be watching us from up above and smile while we lift some crazy strongman weights.
Here are the events:
- KEG LOAD/SLED DRAG MEDLEY: CARRY 2 SEPARATE KEGS 50FT. LOAD THEM ONTO SLED AND DRAG THE SLED 50FT. (60 seconds time limit)
- TIRE FLIP/FARMERS WALK MEDLEY: FLIP TIRE 50FT. CARRY FARMERS IMPLIMENTS 150FT. (75 secs time limit)
- VIKING PRESS FOR REPS. (60 secs time limit)
- CONANS WHEEL. (maximum rotations)
- ATLAS STONES TO 54” tall platform. (60 secs time limit)
The top 2 athletes in each weight class will qualify for the NAS National Championships in November 2010. (Reno, NV)
Have a good weekend!
Grant Higa Bulky Boy strongman team