Saturday, July 24, 2010

Kristyn's 7.24.10 workout and PL Meet

This morning, I headed out to the Warehouse to get in an hour of training before I went to the "F the Card" PL meet in Lynnwood, where John was competing in his very first meet.  


Farmers (1.5" handles)
100'x94 w/turn
100'x144 w/turn
100'x164 no turn


Keg Carry
4x100'x115


One hour goes by extremely quickly when strongman training, so this is all I managed to get in...


Once I got to Local's Gym, I had the chance to chat with Mel, a woman I've competed with before, and she shared that she was apparently the only woman competing today.  After a little convincing from John and Mel, I decided I may as well compete in the PL meet...  Why not after doing conditioning work yesterday, hitting heavy singles all week and an hour of strongman this morning...  WHY NOT?


Squat
205
225
265
I definitely think I had more in me on this one, but 265 is the most I've ever squatted in a meet, so I can't complain.  I did wear my brace, but I know eventually I'll go without it all the time :-)


John's Squat
315
345
365
This was a PR for John, by 30 lbs!


Bench
135
145
Missed 155
Um, so this is sad and pathetic, but the 145 is a 10 lb PR for a contest...  Whatever though, any PR is better than no PR!


John's Bench 
225
245
Missed 265
John, like me, hates benching...  We're gonna have to work on this, ha ha ha.


Deadlift
315
330
Missed 345
I had the 345 up to my knees and just couldn't pull any more...  I think my back was pretty toasted by this point and I was just plain tired.  I should be back to deadlifting over 350 again VERY VERY soon!  At least I'd better be!


John's Deadlift
455
480
500!!!
This was a HUGE PR for John and man was I stoked that he got it!  It was quite possibly the longest pull EVER and I am just so proud that he hit this lift.  Deadlift is definitely John's favorite and I know he would've been completely miserable had he not hit this weight.  So proud of him!


All in all, it was a pretty fantastic day!  I felt really good about my meet, my total is definitely better than it's ever been!!!  I have some pretty good videos that I will post up later.  









No comments:

Post a Comment