Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Kristyn's 7.21.10 workout

Hello all!  My name is Kristyn Vytlacil and I am a competitive strongwoman.  I have been competing in strongman for over 4 years now, taking part in over 20 competitions.  I have been looking for the ideal place to keep my training journal and I couldn't think of a better place than the Bulky Boy Blog (especially since THE "HIGA MONSTER" is a training partner and I am lucky to have Bulky Boy as a sponsor)!  I recently competed at Washington's Strongest Apple, where I took first place overall.  I am a 2x National LW Champion and I took 8th at World's in 2008.  In July of 2009, I tore my ACL and had surgery to repair it in August.  Since then I have rehabbed and worked really hard to get back to where I am now.  I am feeling really strong in my workouts and I'm getting ready to compete in Sequim, WA on August 14 (my one year knee surgery anniversary!).

I've hit some big PR's lately, including taking a 606 yoke 20 feet!!!  It was amazing and surprisingly, my back is not killing me since I did that on Saturday :-)

On Monday, I hit a PSPR (post-surgery PR) and overhead pressed 165.  I'm currently weighing in around 160.

And finally...  HERE IS TODAY'S WORKOUT!!!

Bike
5 minutes

Deadlifts
5x45
5x95
3x135
3x185
3x225
3x275
3x315
2x315
2x315
I am not terribly happy with where my deadlift is right now.  I know I can do better, but I think my hamstrings are still coming back from being all kinds of weak (the surgeon used my hamstring tendon to repair my ACL).  My deadlift has usually been a strong lift for me, so it's tough to see it in the toilet.  I will be much happier when my max is over 350.

Box Squats (to parallel)
5x95
5x135
5x185
5x225
3x275
2x305
So this is the 2nd time I have squatted without my knee brace since my surgery!  Last week was the first time and I only worked up to 185 for regular squats.  I am pretty happy with the work I did today!  The last set was definitely tough and I wasn't sure I'd get the 2nd one up, it was way ugly, but I managed and my knee felt just fine!  I'm totally stoked about this lift tonight!!!


Bent Over Rows
4x8x45

Tire Flip
2x20
I am not certain how much the tire weighed...  It was definitely pretty light, probably 300 or so, but it felt good to do a lot of reps and work a bit on my cardio.  


All in all, I'd say it was a great workout.  I didn't have time to do more upper back like I normally do, but I'll make up for that next week :-)

1 comment:

  1. not to sound like a stalker, but it will be cool to watch your training ;)

    ReplyDelete