Monday, July 26, 2010

The 1st "Higa Monsters BBQ & grip challenge" (Renton, WA)

The site of the event.  "YUM-YUM!"

Scott Hughes, Laurion Burchal & Ryan Petrosky.

Ali McWeeney & Arlene Kim.

BBQ chicken, ribs, hot links & beef brisket.

Mac and cheese, beans & BBQ sauce.

Setting up the "Pinch Grip" contest.

Ali trying the "Pinch Grip" block for the first time.

Steve Spellman

Zack Nims

Higa trying to get a good grip on the Pinch Grip.

I am HORRIBLE in this event.  LOL

The scene of the festivities.

Tyler Scott

Me about to get my "grindz" on!

Ali trying the "Rolling Thunder" even with one leg!  So awesome!

Higa and the "Rolling Thunder"

 
Max and his beautiful daughter.

Arlene handing me my 4th place prize in the Pinch Grip contest.  Its a "Squeeze Wiener" to help me improve my grip.  LMAO!

Steve & Scott were the top 2 winners in the Grip contest.  Check out their tiny trophies!





"The Higa Monsters" training crew.  Best workout partners I could ever have!

My friend/training partner Laurion Burchal came up with a great idea for us to have a get together for dinner.  He and Arlene also thought that we should have a little grip contest and provide prizes for the winners!
We had a great time and have decided to make this an annual event in the summer.  I will also try to organize having one at my house in the Fall.
Mahalo to Cedar River BBQ in Renton, WA for letting us eat some great food and lift inside of their restaurant!

Have a great day!
Grant Higa Bulky Boy strongman team

No comments:

Post a Comment