Saturday, July 31, 2010

Awards Ceremony for WSR Strongman, 7.30.10

On Friday, I (Kristyn) had the opportunity to go to the awards ceremony for all of the various activities that took place during the Diversity Fair at the Washington State Reformatory on the 27th.  While I was there, one of the strongman participants shared that doing the events was probably the most fun he'd had in over 15 years.  Another competitor shared how impressed he was by the fact that strongman was really able to bring the guys together in ways he'd never seen before.  He spoke about social walls falling down and pointed out that guys who normally would never interact with each other in a prison setting were really rooting for one another during the competition.  I have to say, being able to hear these inmates make such comments really made me feel good about taking the implements in for the day.  I was so proud of all of the participants and I was so glad that they all had such a positive experience.  I hope I will be able to do more events like this in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment