Tuesday, August 14, 2012

HIGA MONSTER summits Mt Crested Butte, Colorado

HIGA on top of the 12,162 feet summit.

This is the mountain we climbed.  I took this pic from 8,800 ft elevation.

Saw a lot of these Alpine Chipmunks near the top of the mountain.

Almost to the summit!  That's my brother in laws & niece on the right.

All done!  My Bulky Boy socks pulled me through!

My family and I hiked up Crested Butte this past Saturday in Colorado.
We took at 15 minute chair ride to the 11,400 feet level of this mountain.

Then we hiked up the Summit Trail which goes up through steep terrain.  Then the trail gets steeper and crosses loose & broken rock.
It took almost 2.5 hours to climb up.  My 8 year old daughter & 10 year old niece also were Animals and made the 12,162 feet summit with me!
Then it took us 1 hour 13 mins to climb back down to the chair lift.

HIGA MONSTER

No comments:

Post a Comment