Monday, February 17, 2014

HIGA MONSTER wins the "USPA Pre-Spring Fling" powerlifting contest


HIGA about to squat 744 lbs for a new Washington state record.
(Open Men and Masters Men 40-44 yrs, in the 308.5 lbs class)

I tried to come up with 761 lbs on my 3rd lift, but I couldn't finish it.

HIGA bench pressed 446 lbs on my 3rd attempt.

Ivy Lyles deadlifted 303 lbs on her 3rd attempt!
Her boyfriend, Ben Seath, is leaning back with her too in this pic. Lol

Deadlifting 705.5 lbs on my opening attempt.

I got to meet this boy, Tanner, who is only 10 years old.
Ben Seath helps train him & he deadlifted over 150 lbs!!

Trying to get psyched for a 738.5 lbs 2nd attempt.

Tanner and me.

Ibn Mahama locking out 683 lbs at only 198 lbs bodyweight!

Me & Ben Seath cheering on Ibn Mahama on his last deadlift.

ANIMAL athletes in da house...
Ibn Mahama, Ben Seath & HIGA MONSTER

I was able to win the Open Men and Masters Men 40-44 yrs old divisions, and set new Washington state records in the USPA for the 308.5 lbs class.
Squat:  744 lbs
Bench:  441 lbs
Deadlift:  705 lbs 
Total:  1890 lbs

A big thank you to Roger Baker of RABFitness for letting me compete in this contest last minute!
HIGA MONSTER

No comments:

Post a Comment