Saturday, June 11, 2016

Pictures from "Washington's Strongest Apple 9" today. (Des Moines, WA)

Andrew Cordaro trying to press a 220 lbs keg.
He got 3 reps in 1 minute to win this event for the 200 lbs Men.

Kate Hanson (Las Vegas)
She pressed a 115 lbs keg 15 times in 1 minute.

My brother in law, Kaena Kawai did a great job as the MC today!

HIGA MONSTER trying to keep everything running smoothly.

Jeremy Graham carrying a heavy sandbag.

Nick Matteson (Troutdale, OR) getting ready to pickup this sandbag.

Jessica Nordlie (Auburn, WA) trying to flip this huge tire!
She won the LW Women 120 lbs weight class.

Christina Kirk (top) vs Mitzi Salguero (bottom)

Nate Bolling (Port Ludlow, WA) flipping an 874 lbs tire.
Nate has competed in all 9 of the Strongest Apple shows!

Huge thanks to Caveman Foods!
They donated a bag of Chicken Jerky for all my competitors.
If you haven't tried it, they are YUMMY!

Trent Martin (Nampa, Idaho)
He pulled 14 reps on this 473 lbs Axle in 1 minute.

Josh Hatfield (Des Moines, WA)
He won this event in only 49.2 seconds!

Big "mahalos" to Benjamin Tseng AKA "DJ Discobee"
He was killing it on the ones and twos all day today!

We had some great prizes for the winners of each weight class!
Animal Whey, Liquid Chalk, Hip Circles, Gangsta Wraps,
Slingshots and Strideline Socks!

A very personal award right here from me.
Given to the most inspirational athlete today.

Me and the entire staff/volunteers agreed that we give it to Roy Ray.
Roy got four zeros in 4 events, but he still gave it his all no matter what.
AND he still had that smile every time after he tried his best in each event.
Proud of you Roy!  Love you man, way to rep the Masters with your effort.

Huge thank you to all my competitors, staff, helpers/loaders for today!
Without you, my contest would not exist.  You all shined today!
Much love to my wife Michelle who took all of these pictures too!

Thank you Bulky Boy Clothing for sponsoring my event again this year!  All my competitors loved the shirts you designed and printed for them!  I appreciate all that you do for the me and for "Washington's Strongest Apple"

Next year is the 10th year of this show...I plan to make it BIGGER & BETTER for my athletes.
HIGA MONSTER

No comments:

Post a Comment