Cyal Christmas (Aberdeen, WA) won the Superheavyweight class.
Kristyn Whisman (Stanwood, WA) won the Lightweight Women division.
My cousin Dain Agbayani was out there helping me load/unload equipment. He was wearing the flat lid Bulky Boy hat and tube socks at the contest. Mahalos cuz!
It was a sunny day on the marina at Des Moines, WA. I had a total of 36 competitors, including 4 women. They all put their hearts on the line and brought intensity to each of the 5 events.
Local photographer Jim Wallingford (Bellevue, WA) has uploaded 2,243 photos onto his website. He took some UNREAL shots of all the competitors and my staff/loaders/helpers. You need to check them out!
The top 3 lifters in each weight class qualify for the Amateur National Strongman Championship in November 4-5th at Harrah's Casino (Tunica, MS).
A big "mahalo" to all of the competitors who came from Washington and Oregon and participated in my show. Also to my family and friends who helped me set-up and breakdown for the contest. Without them, I wouldn't be able to this efficiently every year.
Mahalo to all of my sponsors:
- Bulky Boy
- Animal Pak
- Trapper's Sushi (Covington, WA)
- Imperial Fitness
- Imperial CrossFit
- North American Strongman, Inc
- Joe Jewell (Service Manager of the city of Des Moines Marina).
- The city of Des Moines, Washington.
- Marv Michaud at Chipman United.
- "SARGE" John Allen for hauling some of the equipment from Sequim, WA.
- Jim Wallingford Photography
- Ron Trunick
- Caleb Ralston of BelieveMedia.net who filmed alot of coverage at the contest.
Another successful strongman contest is in the books! I hope to see you all next year for number 5 baby!
Grant Higa Bulky Boy strongman team