Sunday, November 29, 2009

Hawai'i vs Navy football game (11/28/09)

Me and a Manoa Maniac that looks like he is ready to "GET NUTS!"

The view from our seats.


There was a halftime ceremony honoring Hawai'i military.

Fans still bring their Ti Leaves into the game. They have been doing that since I was a kid.

My Aunty gave us 2 tickets to the game tonight. I haven't been to a UH football game in years, and it was my wife's first UH game too.

Really cool to see all the "Manoa Maniacs" cheering on the Warriors. It was also Military Night, and there was a flyover with two Naval jets during the National Anthem.
There are over 300,000 military servicemen/women that live on O'ahu alone. Thats alot of people, and it was a really big game because Navy was in town and Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard is right across Aloha Stadium.

Of course I got to relive all my childhood memories by eating fried noodles, malasadas, and boiled peanuts at the game! Only in Hawai'i can you buy concessions like that!

The Warriors won too, beating the Midshipmen 24-17. Talk to you later!
Grant Higa (Bulky Boy strongman team)

No comments:

Post a Comment