Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Rest in peace, Willie Austin.

The powerlifting community of Seattle, WA will never forget Willie Austin.
 
I got some very sad news today learning that my friend passed away early this morning.  Our community has lost one of the most genuine men I have ever known.
 
Willie was an integral part of me being who I am today...he inspired us all to always help others, especially the Youth in our community.
 
Willie was a great Powerlifter and many have trained at his gyms.  Including the legendary "Gym of Seattle" and "Gateway Athletic Club"
 
He was awarded in 1998 one of the "20 Northwest people who have made a difference" and in 2008 was also named the "2008 Washington state Mindful Mentor award"
 
Your smile and enthusiasm will be missed by me my brother...rest in peace.
HIGA

No comments:

Post a Comment