Monday, February 22, 2010

2010 Winter Olympics (Vancouver, Canada)

The Olympic Cauldron

My family & I decided to drive up to Vancouver for the day, and experience the Winter Olympics atmosphere.

We left our house at 5:15am, picked up our friend Louie on the way and ended up coming home at 10:15pm!
It was AWESOME and well worth the long day of walking around downtown Vancouver and we will never forget it.

GO USA!
Grant Higa Bulky Boy strongman team

Flexing the "USA FLAG" shirt in front of the cauldron.

My family in front of the Olympic Cauldron.

Robson Street was packed with people!

Those Canadians love their hockey, eh?  Too bad they lost to Team USA!

Pretty cool side of a building.

CTV was doing a live interview on Robson St, and I was trying to act like I was "casually" standing on the sidewalk so I could get on TV.



Awesome shirt on the left.



We were shopping at the official Olympic Apparel store, and this guy noticed my shirt.  He said he owns some Bulky Boy shirts too cause he is from San Diego!  He and his family came up from California to spend a week at the Winter Olympics.  Real cool dude!

The legendary Theoren Fleury.  He won a Stanley Cup with the Calgary Flames in 1989, and a gold medal for Canada in 2002.  He is only 5' 6" tall but was a badass Right Wing & played in the NHL from 1988-2006.  He was having a book signing, and I was stoked to take some pictures of him.

Some Australian fans whooping it up on Robson Street.

The Olympic Rings barge, at the base of Grouse Mountain.

This eagle sculpture was beautiful.  Check the fish out in its talons.

Some pretty creative chocolate/caramel apples.

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome you were able to go man! It also cracks me up about your standing on the street and getting BB on TV. awesome work man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea dude, you see me trying to spread my lats? That was funny!

    ReplyDelete